Here is where I am going to start writing a blog.
This is a resolution I have made to myself a number of times, though I have never actually started said blog.
My goal is to discuss topics including:
- Getting Things Done (GTD): I am a devotee of David Allen’s strategy for organizing your life. Unfortunately, I don’t always follow his prescriptions fully.
- WordPress: A former coworker of mine, Derek Edmond, got me interested in WordPress. Since 2007, I have been developing sites solely in WordPress because of its improving content-management system (CMS) functions.
- Online Marketing: I hope to write about my thoughts on online marketing, which is what I do at work. I consider myself a generalist: I know a bit about SEO, I have designed and managed PPC campaigns and I have ventured into the world of social networking. That said, there are plenty of people with a lot more specialized knowledge of each of these components. What I hope that I bring to the table is a vision of creating integrated online-marketing campaigns that encompass each of these areas.
- Groundswell: I recently read this eye-opening book by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff. It’s deeply affected my thoughts about online marketing.
- What You Want to Discuss: The great thing about the Web is that it’s an interactive medium. Which means, you can tell me what you’d like to hear more about. So don’t be shy… let me know!